These Raisins, Peanut Butter and Tahini Cookies are a breakfast staple. The combination of peanut butter and tahini wonderfully balances the flavours and gives them the best chewy texture.
This recipe is:
- High proteins.
- Easy to make.
- Perfect for Breakfasts, Snacks and Desserts.
- Can be kept for 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
Alternatives for this recipe
You can use any nut or seed butter in place of the tahini. Peanut butter, almond butter and cashew butter all work.
For more bitterness, you can substitute the peanut butter with tahini.
Feel free to substitute the raisins with chocolate chips or any nuts of your choice. Chopped pecans, walnuts and almonds are my favourite pick.
Raisins, Peanut Butter and Tahini CookiesCourse: Snacks
These Raisins, Peanut Butter and Tahini Cookies are a breakfast staple. The combination of peanut butter and tahini wonderfully balances the flavors and gives them the best chewy texture.
1 chia egg (1 tbsp (15 ml) chia seeds + 3 tbsp (45 ml) water – let sit for 5 minutes)
4 tbsp (60 ml) maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp (22 ml) peanut butter
1 1/2 tbsp (22 ml) tahini
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup (135 g) oat
1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
1/3 cup (50 g) raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a bowl, whisk together the chia egg, maple syrup, peanut butter, tahini and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine all the ohter ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients. Continue mixing until just combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls and very gently press down onto a baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Freezes well.
- Keeps 2 to 3 days at room temperature or 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @simplementfrais on Instagram or DM your pictures so we can see your creation!