This Vegan White Bread recipe is a must for anyone who enjoys baking their own bread at home. The loaves is soft and light… the perfect white bread for every occasion!
This recipe is
- Easy to make.
- Can be kept for 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
Alternatives for this recipe
If you don’t have soy milk powder, just replace the water with the same amount of plant-based milk.
Vegan White BreadCourse: Breads and bagels
This vegan white bread recipe is a must for anyone who enjoys baking their own bread at home. The loaves is soft and light… the perfect white bread!
1/3 cup (80 g) leaven
1 cup (250 ml) water
1 1/2 tsp (7,5 ml) instant yeast
1/4 cup (50 g) sugar
4 cups (500 g) all purpose flour
1 tsp (5 ml) salt
2 tbsp (30 ml) soy milk powder (see note)
3 tbsp (40 g) vegan butter
- In a bowl, whisk the leaven, water, yeast and sugar.
- In the bowl of a mixer, stir the flour, soy milk powder and salt. Pour in the wet ingredients.
- Turn the mixer on medium-low and mix for 5 minutes. Add the butter one tablespoon at a time and wait until it’s fully incorporate. Shape the dough into a ball. Cover and let it rise for 60 to 90 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls. One after the other, fold the edges towards the center to form round balls. Transfer in 2 greased loaf pans. Cover and let it rise 60 to 90 minutes or until dough reaches the border.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF (220ºC) and place the grid at the bottom. Brush the bread with some plant-based milk (optionnal).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let it cool down completely.
- If you don’t have soy milk powder, just replace the water with the same amount of plant-based milk.
- Freezes well.
- Keeps up to 1 week at room temperature.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @simplementfrais on Instagram or DM your pictures so we can see your creation!